Related Construction Services
Most projects require some additional related construction work, i.e. – foundations, floors, decks, utility lines, adjustments to your home, etc. Since we’ve been in the construction industry for over forty years we have discovered that it’s an easy and natural step to help you through this aspect of the project.
Our construction services have become a real lifesaver to many customers.
We offer 3-levels.
All will save you time, and money, and will reduce your headaches.
The fee for these services is due in advance and is non-refundable.
- Create a detailed scope of work
- Locate qualified contractors
- Review project, plans, and scope with building contractors
- Evaluate bids and make recommendations
- Prepare Documents
- Negotiate with the winning contractor
- Establish work and payment schedule
- Present documents for your acceptance
Coordinate, Inspection, and Acceptance:
- Coordinate with the contractor(s) and yourself
- Inspect project weekly
- Discuss problems and resolve issues
- Manage change orders and extra orders
- Accept work and billings
These management services are designed to remove you from the daily hassle of working with contractors.
Most customers will save on these fees and more. With our construction services, building your glazed structure can be a simplified process.
Complete this form or call us at 316.838.0033
Glass performance ratings
In the early 1980s when skylights, sunrooms, and glazed structures became popular the only glass options were single pane, double pane, or insulated glass.
Unfortunately, even though attractive, this type of glass did not allow spaces to be heated or cooled very effectively. Glass technology has made great advances since the 80s. Spaces with skylights and even glazed structures today can be heated and cooled efficiently.
Our SilverCoat E-366 and Solarban 70XL are the best value in glass available. It’s manufactured especially for Crystal Structures by Cardinal Glass, one of the premier glass manufacturing and coating companies in the world. Our Solarban 70XL is made by Vitro (PPG) and is considered equal to SilverCoat E-366. Based on the availability, project size, and logistics of the project we may elect to use Solarban 70XL in place of SilverCoat E-366 – both are high-performance glass options.
Benefits of our high-performance glass:
- Clear insulated glass gives a clear view inside and out.
- Fully tempered safety glass on each part of the glazing unit, overhead glazing is laminated for safety
- Increased energy performance since the air cavity is filled with argon gas
- Dual seals, one for moisture and one for structural adhesion
- Bent spacers, one joint instead of four
- 3 special silver low-e coatings on the number 2 side of the glass
- Up to 10 year warranty against fogging or separation
- SilverCoat 366 and Solarban 70XL coatings are almost clear
|SilverCoat Model:||Solar Heat Gain
|Light to Solar Gain||R
|SilverCoat E-366||0.27||2.44||4.2||0.24||66%||General conditioned space|
|Solarban 70XL||0.27||2.37||3.7||0.27||64%||General conditioned space|
|A Few Optional Low-E Coatings|
|SilverCoat E-340||0.18||2.17||4.0||0.25||39%||Southern climates|
|SilverCoat E-272||0.41||1.75||4.0||0.25||72%||Northern climates / greenhouses|
|Solarban 60XL||0.38||1.84||3.7||0.27||70%||Northern climates, more light & heat|
|Clear Dual Insulated (no Low-E)||0.78||1.05||2.0||0.58||82%||Production greenhouses, requires more heat and cooling|
If laminated glass is used, the UV transmission is zero (0)